Calgary Forklift Training Courses - Our forklift operator safety training has been tailored for illiteracy, thereby cutting the training time by 50%. We offer train the trainer, forklift training certification and lift-truck operator driver safety training evaluation courses offer regulation-compliant, thorough training in industrial-powered fork truck use and safety. Forklift pedestrian safety is offered as well.
We have a really experienced group of expert trainers to be able to make certain that your workers are trained well. The certification is delivered on site by one of our qualified instructors. Individuals training will learn how to recognize hazards and perform safety checks necessary for the safe and efficient utilization of a powered industrial lift truck.
Forklift Training Tips
It is vital that all workplaces making use of forklifts have the following checklist or one equivalent on the premises. If all of the safety regulations are being followed, each of these questions must be answered with a "yes". A "no" to whatever question indicates a procedural flaw which may result in damage to machinery, accident or injury.
1) Is the operating area of the forklift separate from the traffic of pedestrians?
2) Is pedestrian access to travel areas of the forklift restricted by barriers?
3) Are pedestrian walkways provided and well marked?
4) A sign is visibly clear stating a "lift truck in operation"?
5) There are mirrors provided at blind spots for pedestrians and operators?
6) Changes or alterations to the daily lift truck schedule has been communicated to workers?
7) The forklift tires being used are suitable for all operating surfaces?
8) Lift truck seatbelt is being used?
9) The forklift seat is in good condition?
10) Is a regular forklift maintenance schedule followed?
11) Is a yearly forklift certification and inspection carried out?
12) Is the forklift right for the required job?
13) Does forklift has a readable load chart?
14) Do all operators understand how to read the load chart?
15) Does the chart list the safe capacity for different uses and attachments?
16) Do the forklift warning devices work right?
17) Is the operating speed control device fitted correctly?
18) Is overhead cage fitted right on the forklift?
19) Have all lift truck operators acquired certification?
20) Are speed limits and warning signs being observed?
21) Are forklift operators up to date on training for all kinds of lift trucks being used?
22) Forklift operators understand their responsibilities to report the damage to the equipment and other lift truck accidents?
23) Is the pre-test checklist reviewed each day prior to the equipment being used?